Using this online Melbourne Cup sweep generator is a breeze. Follow the instructions here to get people allocated to horses in no time for the race that stops a nation. It's fun, completely free to use and there's no email required.
🏇 How to Generate a Sweep for the Melbourne Cup
- Underneath the second wheel, click on 'Edit' and replace the placeholder list with the names of the participants in your sweep. If you have them typed up already, copy and paste in the names of the people included in the sweep on the second wheel from a spreadsheet or text document, ensuring they are all on separate lines.
- Press the 'Spin all' button and let the first country allocation begin
- When both wheels have finished spinning, both the chosen horse and person will be removed from their respective wheels automatically
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all countries and names have been allocated
Suggestion: 'Save' the sweep so that you can come back to it later if necessary.
The above generator instructions work when you have exactly 24 people participating in the Melbourne Cup sweep.
Fewer (or More) People than Melbourne Cup Runners?
Often there will be more or less people who want to take part in the Melbourne Cup sweep. Let's see how to deal with these scenarios below.
When Fewer People than Runners
If you have fewer people than countries to choose from, this is also possible to set up. Let us use an example:
Should you have 12 people taking part in the Melbourne Cup sweep, do the following:
- Below the second wheel, click on 'Edit' and replace the existing list with the names of your sweep participants. IMPORTANT: Add the list of people's names twice here (so that each person will be allocated 2 participating horses)
- Press 'Spin all' to allocate a person to a horse. The selected horse and person will be automatically removed from the first wheel
- Repeat step 2 until complete
If There are More People than Runners
Let's say that you have 72 people in the sweep. The way to handle this using the Melbourne Cup sweep generator is to follow these steps:
- Below the second wheel, click on 'Edit' and replace the existing list with the names of your 72 sweep participants
- Spin the first wheel only to select the horse. The selected horse will be auto-removed from the wheel
- Spin the second wheel only to select a person to be allocated to that horse. The selected person will be auto-removed from the wheel
- Spin the second wheel (only) again only two more times. The three people selected will share the competing horse
- Repeat steps 2-4 until finished
Stuffed it up? No worries, just reload the page and start again. It helps if you have also saved the list of people on the second wheel.
All of your allocated people and runners are recorded (in order) in the 'Results' section for each draw.
🖥️ Melbourne Cup sweep Generator Presentation Options
If your Melbourne Cup sweep draw is taking place in an office, Click on 'Fullscreen' on the top menu to make the focus only on the wheels. We recommend showing it on a big screen where people can gather around to watch.
Where you are making your Melbourne Cup sweep draw online for the benefit of people not in the office, just use a screen sharing application to present to the group. Again, using Fullscreen provides you with the best experience.
When Will the Melbourne Cup Runners Be Known?
The final field for the Cup is set after the conclusion of racing on Victoria Derby Day. You can add the field into the first wheel if you prefer, or wait until we have done it which should be pretty soon after it.
🏆 Sweep Prizes for the Melbourne Cup
In order to run a great sweep that keeps everyone interested until the final moment of the race, it's a great idea to have several prizes on offer.
Usually the prize-pool dividends are something similar to:
Melbourne Cup winner = 50%
2nd Place= 20%
3rd place = 15%
Second Last place = 5%
Last place = 10%
We wish you the very best of luck with your selected horse or even horses using this Melbourne Cup sweep online generator.